Monday, March 29, 2010

Spotlight Interview: Isabelle's Attic


So tell us a little about your shop and what you sell...
Hi I'm Isabelle's Attic and I have a shop that has Unique Findings. At my store you'll be able to find: animal beanies, baby items, reversible aprons/hats/purses, vintage items and more. I'm always trying to make new crafts, so make sure to keep checking!

Where did you get your etsy shop name from?
My etsy store name came from my biggest inspiration my grandmother Isabel, she was a housewife and did sewing for the family. She could take a piece of fabric and make the most beautiful dresses that you could image. I always looked forward to seeing her finished product.


Why did you start selling on Esty?
I was once doing a part time job and during break someone saw me sewing on beads on a corset I was making for myself, a few people asked me if I would ever sell it, I said I only sewed as a hobby and never sold. A girl then suggested to me I should look into etsy, after researching, I thought why not give it a try.

Where do you get inspiration for the items in your shop?
My inspiration sometimes just comes from seeing seeing different fabrics, jewels etc...like my most recent creation with the plaid Mickey fabric I just though wouldn't it be cute to see a baby wearing little booties and a little flannel mouse beanie to compliment it.


How do you keep yourself motivated to keep on selling even if times are slow?
It took me about 2 months to get my 1st sale, I kept reading the etsy news letters that were sent to me and one day I stumbled onto the forums. The forums is what kept me going the most, I've chatted with some lovely etsy members that have been so motivating, meanwhile also seeing there talents in addition to also receiving good advice to continue to improve.

What are your biggest goals for 2010?
My biggest goal on etsy, I would love to reach 100 sales :o). I will also be in the process of learning how to make cloth dolls, so stay tuned!


What is your most popular item?(Either by most views or most sales)
My most viewed items at the moment are my 2 vintage dresses, I just love vintage. The animal beanies have also been popular, uniqueness for just a small price.

Is there anyone or anything else you'd like to tell us about?
My mom is also a great sewer whom I am constantly learning and getting new ideas from, as the saying goes "2 heads are better than 1".

Where can we find you?
Etsy Shop: IsabellesAttic.etsy.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/IsabellesAttic

If you have any questions, I would love to hear from you :o)

No comments: